A common question is what is financial planning? Although there are many definitions, it could be seen as being ‘a process of planning for financial freedom and personal success’. It incorporates all aspects of a persons life and focuses on the achievement of personal and financial goals by putting in place a series of steps or actions for success.
A good financial planner is able to provide you with an extensive range of financial planning services and should select solutions that are appropriate for your needs.
What can financial planning do for you?
Financial planning services may be able to help you to:
- Save tax;
- Increase wealth;
- Maximise effective use of taxation and superannuation rules;
- Protect assets;
- Prepare and plan for your future;
- Provide for specific requirements, special events, or to leave an estate when you pass on.
What services can be provided by a financial planner?
The most popular financial planning services of a financial planner should be outlined in their Financial Services Guide (FSG) and may include the following:
- Strategic planning;
- Wealth accumulation;
- Superannuation planning;
- Retirement planning;
- Estate planning;
- Management of tax and fully utilising current rules and law;
- Investment advice;
- Portfolio management and asset allocation;
- Capital gains tax management;
- Projections & comprehensive modelling of possible outcomes and how to get there.
The long term aim of financial planning is to provide financial and personal freedom to enjoy life and to manage the complicated life/work trade-off. The first step towards this success is to contact our office to arrange an appointment with one of our Financial Planning Service Partners.
*Financial Planners are usually paid by the client either directly or from products. All Accounting & Taxation Services may receive a small portion of any initial financial planning fees.